The road to narrow gauge...

Models relating to railways, any gauge, any system, any state, anywhere! You don't have to model VR, all discussions are welcome!
MurrayS

Re: The road to narrow gauge...

Postby MurrayS » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:19 am

Hi Ron,

nice work on the buildings for Emerald. I am building my own version of Emerald in On30 and I was wondering if there is plans available for the toilets?

Thanks

Murray

vrb60

Postby vrb60 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:28 am

Mark's site has the plans for toilet blocks.
The Emerald block is a combination of two plans as shown on F563.
The top left hand corner is the male toilet and the top middle drawing is the female toilet.
The doors to these toilets face the platform.
Emerald has the male and female toilets built together.
The orientatation for the female toilet is correect but the male toilet has to be mirror imaged and placed hard up against the female toilet.
The female toilet looking from the front is on the left hand side, closest to the station building.
For a blown up drawing of the male toilet drawing F435 can be used. Don't forget to mirror image it.
The lamp room is drawing F259 and the goods shed F337.
I can find no drawing for the 20' portable.
For the station building pick an era as it varied over the ages. Today it is nothing loke what it was when the line closed.

best regards Ron.

It is rather difficult to find any colour photographs but fortunately Weston Langford had some on his site.
To get an idea what the toilets looked like at Emerald after closure and before being tizzied up. The portable between the station building and toilets was a ring in during the closure period. Maybe by the PMG who were using the building.'
I do not think that in the running days that outside doors were fitted to the toilets. They are certainly not indicated on the plans. These days the toilet block has been completely roofed and it appears that now the ladies is a designated change room.

MurrayS

Postby MurrayS » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi Ron,

thanks very much for the info it is greatly appreciated. I had already downloaded the goods shed and the lamp room but had missed the toilet.

In my opinion Emerald is one of the most attractive stations on the VR narrow gauge system.

Kind Regards

Murray

Narrow Minded

Postby Narrow Minded » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Ron, I have a drawing for a 20 x 12 foot portable, number 509/47. It is a .pdf file. How do I post or attach it to a reply?
Mick
On30 VRNG
I can only cope with 1:48 of the world at a time.

dthead

Postby dthead » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:59 am

Good info there, Like Murray I'm planning a Emerald in On30 but "present day" Those drawing are great.
Also i note how things change over time and the toilets are one. when I forst took some photos in 2010 and earlier this year, the toilet block was painted cream and brown, and is now plain silver coloured.

Regards,
David Head

http://dth.railpage.org.au/pbr_emerald/index.html

vrb60

Postby vrb60 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Mick, I have sent you a pm on the photo posting.

Here is the essence of that;
'There is a section on posting photos but it does not work now but can be used as a guideline. I have registered on photobucket.
You can download your photos there.
From photobucket you can get a direct link copied into you browser.
Paste that into your reply. Then highlight and click img on the reply toolbar.
This will then bring up the photo when you submit the reply.'

regards Ron.

Narrow Minded

Postby Narrow Minded » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:25 pm

I have a photobucket account, but as they are .pdf files, I cannot upload them. I have sent several to you by PM. If I had a 'working' printer would print them and scan them back into JPEGs. Then I could post them!

(I hate technology, but it hates me back.)
Mick
On30 VRNG
I can only cope with 1:48 of the world at a time.

duttonbay

Postby duttonbay » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:32 pm

You could do a "screen print" to the clipboard, and paste into an image, which could then be cropped to the photo. Some PDF files will actually allow you to select the image directly, depending on how they are produced and secured. Once you have extracted the image, then photobucket works well.

dthead

Postby dthead » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuplfHkeKk&feature=youtu.be

...Is the Youtube link to a ON30 PBR train under test on my HO layout. The Haskill NA has just had DCC Sound fitted by Mike at DCCSound. The rollingstock I purchased 2nd hand from the Buffer Stop over 8 years ago, this is the first timne I have seen them on rails and being pulled along. Track is of course code 83 and because there is so little scenery there is a lot of room to run the wider On30 on much of the layout, though a bridge was removed, seen in the last 3min plonked out of the way !

I'm not considering changing to ON30, the layout would make a great space for that as well.
http://dth.railpage.org.au/trainroom/index.html

The train is destined for a layout based on Emerald in 2010/2015.
http://dth.railpage.org.au/pbr_emerald/index.html

Regards,
David Head

vrb60

Postby vrb60 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Perhaps with the release of the Haskell NA's we should start a new thread.
I am sure that there will be many building layouts whether they be fiddle yards or what ever and it would be an advantage to keep it all in one place.

regards Ron Welsh.

Return to “Model Railways”